The world is a beautiful place if we take the time to slow down and really appreciate it. One thing that has become somewhat of a lost art is actions of kindness.
All I would like today is to encourage you to spread kindness in as many ways as you can – and I promise to do the same. If you feel so inclined, by all means, share your deeds on this post, or on Facebook or wherever!
The thing about kindness is that it is rewarding to both the giver and receiver. When you treat others kindly you feel good, and when people receive kindness – it’s usually so unexpected – it can completely rewire their day… or beyond.
Kindness is a ripple and it’s one of the few things we can do easily and have profound and lasting impact upon ourselves and others.
Here’s a few things you could try…
– Buy someone a rose
– Buy someone a cup of coffee
– Send someone a card just because
– Ask the barista/store clerk how their day is going (and listen!)
– Give as many people as you can a hug
– Make love
– Pay someone a compliment
– Smile as much as you can today
– Thank everyone you come into contact with
– Send a silent prayer or blessing
– Color a picture for someone
– Tell someone how much you love them
– Write a love poem to someone you care for
– Send a kind text or email
Of course the options are limitless…
Let’s all be conscious of what we are putting out to the world. A lot of us are incredibly kind people but we have forgotten how to distribute it. We can truly make an impact if we spread kindness to others.
Now go forth and live kindness as often as you can!